Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Baby sore throat and swollen glands - self care?

(7 Posts)
iwasagirlinavillage Sun 22-Jan-17 12:20:44

DD2 has a cold, swollen glands and her throats looks inflamed. She is unsettled and generally a bit miserable with it and her throats seems to be bothering her when she's feeding (she's EBF and pulling off crying a lot). If she's no better tomorrow I'll see if I can get a GP appointment but is there anything I can do in the meantime to make her throat more comfortable for her other than Calpol?

Finola1step Sun 22-Jan-17 12:21:30

How old is she?

iwasagirlinavillage Sun 22-Jan-17 12:22:36

Oh sorry, she's 7 months but 5 months corrected.

BingoBingoBingoBango Sun 22-Jan-17 14:42:32

Calpol and nurofen would be what I would give to take the pain away.

iwasagirlinavillage Mon 23-Jan-17 13:09:11

DD seemed much better this morning so I didn't take her to the GP but since then she seems much worse again. I don't know if she's just feeling rubbish from having a cold but she's crying loads and she seems a bit weak - she will hold herself up if I take my hand away completely but otherwise her body feed heavy, like when she's sleeping but she's awake and crying feeling like that. She's not floppy though, she just seems like she doesn't have the energy. She's asleep at the moment after crying herself to sleep while I tried everything to calm her (she was in my arms when she fell asleep).

I wouldn't be able to get an appointment with the GP now. I should have taken her this morning regardless, I just didn't want to take her out in the cold and waste the GPs time given she seemed better. With the strain on the NHS at the moment it makes you second guess yourself.

BingoBingoBingoBango Mon 23-Jan-17 21:23:46

Are you giving her any medicine?

shewolfmum Tue 24-Jan-17 12:23:14

Take vit c and she will get it through your milk. Poor bubba. Big doses pref liposomal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now