Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Post surgery - quick advice needed

(4 Posts)
summerholsdreamin Sun 22-Jan-17 09:46:45

DS (12) had a turbinoplasty on Wednesday (sinuses lasered to improve airways). Surgery in itself went well but the poor thing is more congested than ever and the skin inside/around the nostrils is very sore from the dripping.

He's on regular paracetamol/ ibrupfen and I've been using Vaseline around his nose but nothing seems to be helping with the pressure or the skin. We were told to expect this but he is so uncomfortable I don't know how to ease things for him sad

Will visit pharmacy later, can anyone recommend heavy duty product that will soothe the skin? Or a pain killer that will help with the internal pressure?

summerholsdreamin Sun 22-Jan-17 11:12:49

Anyone?

FuckOffDailyMailQuitQuotingMN Sun 22-Jan-17 11:14:46

Ibuprofen is probably better as it will also relieve any inflammation whereas paracetamol won't.

Sorry I don't know anything else. flowers

Hope he feels better soon. Maybe someone else has experience.

hollinhurst84 Sun 22-Jan-17 11:42:49

Can he take sudafed or use otrivine nasal spray?
I would be tempted to use something bland like udder cream or lanisoh maybe under the Vaseline so it's treating the skin then protecting it, if that makes any sense. Balm tissues too and try to dab not rub

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now