Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DD's first dentist appointment this afternoon

(4 Posts)
MyBreadIsEggy Thu 19-Jan-17 09:09:17

What should I expect?
She's 20 months old and has all her teeth now.
She's pretty good with brushing, but not so good at sitting still confused
I can picture an almighty tantrum ensuing when she has to sit in a chair for longer than 3 minutes!!!

SorrelSoup Thu 19-Jan-17 09:12:49

You'll sit in the chair with her on your lap. It'll take about ten seconds! They don't mind crying as they get to see the teeth. They get a sticker! I just saw it as a way of dc getting used to the routine and experience.

ExplodingCarrots Thu 19-Jan-17 09:33:39

DD refused to sit in the chair. So the dentist tried to engage her in conversation whilst standing up and trying to look in her mouth at the same time. He said the first couple of times they may not sit but it's just good to get them in and get used to it.

morningafterglow Thu 19-Jan-17 09:38:16

Show her the peppa pig episode about the dentist this morning a few times and talk about it. Really helped my DD. Especially when our lovely dentist overheard me saying something about it and unprompted said to DD "well that means I must be Dr Elephant" smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now