Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Toddlers weird eating habits

(3 Posts)
Mustang27 Wed 18-Jan-17 15:58:29

My 19 month old eats butter and mayo like it's going out of fashion. I think he has a very healthy diet and I don't stress about these wee quirks at the moment. Obviously I don't just give him the block or the jar and he doesn't get these every day but my mil absolutely freaked out about this and harped on about his arteries. I just smiled nodded and moved on to the next topic of conversation but it has really bothered me.

Any way what strange food habits does your baby have?

sleepy16 Wed 18-Jan-17 23:09:53

All mine went through a habit of trying to grap a handful of butter and stuff it in there mouths.
My two youngest boys will eat ketchup like it's going out of fashion.
And my youngest likes to eat the whole banana,skin and all.
I guess they all go through little phases esp while they are young and getting used to different tastes and textures.
Everything is good for them in moderation.

lozzylizzy Mon 23-Jan-17 14:09:37

My DS2 used to eat paper and cardboard. It got to the point where I was considering asking the doctor about it as I saw it was 'pica' and a sign of a deficiency. Anyway he grew out of it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now