Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

dog waste and children

(3 Posts)
MrsMozza Wed 18-Jan-17 10:58:44

We're thinking of getting a dog but like some of you have already said, clearing the poo on walks can be difficult if there aren't bins around. When you have a child's hand to hold and several other things, carrying a poo bag isn't ideal. I'm thinking of putting together a chest bag that holds a scoop and a place to keep the bag of poo (non-contact). The bag would connect with the lead, so would make it easier to manage dog too. Just wondering if this is something any of you mums would consider?

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Wed 18-Jan-17 11:13:47

i make the dogs carry their own doings!

poo bag...i use nappy sacks, you can pick, twist, double wrap in one slick movement once you get the hang of it. then I do the same again, knot the handles and clip it to dog harness with a carabiner.

you can also get these lovely things if using the standard bags does not appeal.

otherwise I use a Peg bag like this clipped on to trouser loop, or coat pocket....keep poo bags, anti bac sqoosh, tissues, phone, car keys all in there

MrsMozza Wed 18-Jan-17 18:09:08

That's interesting that you've taken it upon yourself to take something like the peg bag out with you so you can keep all of that with you. I think there is definitely a need for something for dog walkers, particularly those with small children. If I do go into producing something, I'd be interested in your feedback, even if it's not for you, in fact that would probably be better feedback. Thanks for taking time to reply. I might drop a message with an image of what I'm thinking over the next few weeks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now