Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

swollen painful left metatarsal with altered sensation in DS2 (11)

(9 Posts)
lingle Mon 16-Jan-17 21:35:09

DS2 has been complaining on and off about pain where his toes meet his foot for a while.
He did refuse to get rid of a favourite pair of trainers long after I should have insisted on moving on, and he has a history of needing orthotics to correct a different kind of foot pain.
I'm worried he has something called a "neuroma". Mortens neuroma. Spoke to the gp today who arranged to see him Thursday week but that was before he got home and I saw that it was swelled up and he can't move his big toe back properly.

Any advice gratefully received.

AnyFucker Mon 16-Jan-17 21:38:28

Google Kohlers disease. It could be that. Morten's neuroma would be unusual in a boy his age.

lingle Tue 17-Jan-17 08:03:23

Thank you. It still hurts so will try to push the appointment forward.

Footle Tue 17-Jan-17 08:15:23

Morton's neuroma isn't a usual childhood thing. If he did have one, you do know it's not a malignant kind of -oma ?

lingle Tue 17-Jan-17 11:43:15

Thanks footie xx

Got him to the GP this morning, he's on antibiotics as it's swollen, he's had an X-ray and we're waiting for those results.

Koehlers is a suspect and apparently there are various other bony things of like nature...

Thank goodness for the crowd sourced wisdom of mumsnet x

AnyFucker Tue 17-Jan-17 17:58:40

He needs anti inflammatories as well as (and possibly instead of) antibiotics, tbh

lingle Tue 17-Jan-17 18:02:48

200ml ibuprofen 3xdaily sound ok? Or should I query that with GP?

There hasn't been any "event" or infestation that would lead us to suspect an infection but I guess she knows what she'd talking about...

AnyFucker Tue 17-Jan-17 18:08:42

You can speak to your pharmacist about ibuprofen dose

lingle Tue 17-Jan-17 21:03:08

Appreciated x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now