Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Adrenal crisis risk

(6 Posts)
blackpoolassy Fri 13-Jan-17 20:47:28

Anyone know how long after steroid withdrawal adrenal crisis is a risk please?

BlackSwan Fri 13-Jan-17 21:11:25

What's the context? Has your child been weaned off steroids? How long were they taking them for?
My son has adrenal insufficiency & is steroid dependant.
If you're worried about a potential crisis, it's important to get medical help quickly.

blackpoolassy Fri 13-Jan-17 21:30:22

Finished a wean on Wednesday after 6 weeks on predisolone.
I'm not concerned yet but just wondered when I can stop worrying if that makes sense?

BlackSwan Fri 13-Jan-17 22:22:23

Yes understand - you would think that by today, if they weren't producing cortisol themselves, you would be seeing symptoms. hopefully you're in the clear, but if you see anything odd, see your doctor. Stomach pains, nausea, headaches, shaking, clammy, incoherence... Hopefully all will be well.

blackpoolassy Fri 13-Jan-17 23:49:23

Thanks

Studyinghell Sun 22-Jan-17 21:58:42

Any other info on this, sorry to highjack. I'm really confused about this. My ds is 10, asthmatic but only on inhaled steroids for the past 2 years. His dr has done loads of test, about early puberty. And come back as his adreanal glands are producing a lil too much steroids and that's why he's got public hair and BO ?? Anyone? confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now