Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Something has just appeared on DD's face?!

(12 Posts)
NoCapes Tue 10-Jan-17 19:21:33

It's a red mark, looks like a burn but it isn't, it appeared in the shower in the time it took me to wash her hair and for her to turn back around to me to rinse her hair
She didn't touch her face in that time, didn't bang it, scratch it, nothing!
It isn't sore or itchy, she wasn't even aware of it until I took a picture
It's still there now even after she's dry and cooled down so not a heat rash which was my first thought

Any idea what it could be??

NoCapes Tue 10-Jan-17 19:27:10

Here it is, with all of her little face cropped off ...

C4Envelope Tue 10-Jan-17 19:28:03

Aw bless her! Maybe a wee reaction to the shampoo?

Krapom Tue 10-Jan-17 19:35:53

Did the warm shower hose brush against her face?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 10-Jan-17 19:38:13

I'd give her a dose of Piriton and see if it goes down.

NoCapes Tue 10-Jan-17 19:42:02

I thought that's what it looked like too Krapom but she was stood back out of the water while I was washing her (the showers over the bath) so not near it, plus I'd have expected her to react if it had burnt her, but I'd dried it and everything and she was clueless that it was there?

It was the same shampoo we always use but of course a guess a reaction is always possible, I will try her with piriton good idea 👍🏻

Haudyerwheesht Tue 10-Jan-17 19:42:36

Dd gets that don't know what it is

3strikes Tue 10-Jan-17 19:43:05

No idea what they are but my dd gets them on her back and shoulders after her bath. I've tried changing shampoo/bath stuff, but they still come up.

They don't seem to bother her and disappear fairly quickly.

Sorry I can't be more help, but am watching with interest. As it has been baffling me!

ineedteanownotlater Tue 10-Jan-17 19:45:35

My son always gets a similar mark at the top of his thigh almost his bum when he baths or showers. I have concluded it's a reaction to the heat of the water as we have tried him being in just water and he still gets it

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Tue 10-Jan-17 19:46:13

i get it ...change of shampoo, or soap or gel....get a splash on my face and I get hugely blotchy.

I dry and slap on some face cream, but then sometimes if my skin is palying up that will make me glow like a sunburned tomato

Theres no rhyme or reason to it....sometimes new stuff reacts, sometimes old stuff. angry <<tomato face, not angry.

C4Envelope Tue 10-Jan-17 21:20:21

How is it looking now OP?

NoCapes Tue 10-Jan-17 21:41:02

It had gone down by the time she went to bed, but was still visible

Interesting that lots of people get the same thing, I've never seen it before, and DS1 is allergic to evvvvvverything ha
Obviously good to hear it's nothing to worry about though, thankyou smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now