Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Food poisoning or tummy bug?

(2 Posts)
Scootergrrrl Sun 08-Jan-17 17:37:17

DS, who is 10, woke up on Tuesday morning complaining of feeling sick and dizzy. He was sick three times in fairly quick succession and then spent the rest of the day, and the next few days, not doing much and not eating much. We thought he was on the mend, then last night he had several episodes of sandy coloured diarrhoea and was sick four or five times and was crying because his stomach was hurting so much.
He finally fell asleep about 2am and woke up seven hours later seemingly fine and asking for breakfast. He has eaten better today than he has all week and seems back to his old self.
Does this sound like a tummy bug or food poisoning? He had what could have been a dodgy burger in a service station on Monday but I'm not sure the final coup de grace, as it were, would have taken this long!

Shootingstar2289 Sun 08-Jan-17 19:19:32

It's really hard to tell and you will probably never know but some bugs can 'linger'.

Last year my son had a bug. He was sick several times through the night then okay for a couple days, then sickness and diarrhoea again! He then seemingly seemed better so I sent him to school (3 or 4 days after the second bout) and he was randomly sick at a school and sent home!

I hope your son is better soon. It may be just the last of it coming out his system and finally feeling better!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now