Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Unwell dd, rash on buttocks.

(6 Posts)
Messybee Sun 08-Jan-17 02:09:13

Second thread as not sure the first one was in the right place.

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas what could be wrong, and if I should go to ooh tomorrow or wait until gp on Monday.

Dd (age7) has been unwell for the past week, started with a very high temp but has just a mild fever now. Sore head/throat, hardly any appetite and really sleepy. Thought it was just a bug really as we've all been a bit sniffly but I noticed today she has a painful vagina and has discharge, and now I've noticed a rash over her buttocks - it's looks almost chicken pox like (although she's had these before) and some have a pus head. Some are small but there is one very big one, she's complaining these are very sore and won't sit down. They're down her thighs a bit now too with a couple of bigger ones.
Can't see a rash anywhere else, she's a bit red around her chest but I don't know if that's from being crying on and off tonight.
She also has asd and a bowel condition so sometimes I tend to worry unnecessarily and can't always pinpoint what's wrong as she's not the best at communicating. She's certainly an unhappy little soul tonight though.

Any advice most welcome, thanks in advance.

Imnotaslimjim Sun 08-Jan-17 02:13:09

It could be shingles? It's rare in children but a possibility if she's had CP. Are the spots all on one side of the body?

Messybee Sun 08-Jan-17 02:18:02

I never even considered shingles tbh. They are on both sides but much worse on her right, where all the bigger ones are.

Imnotaslimjim Sun 08-Jan-17 02:19:55

Unlikely then, shingles is on a nerve so doesn't usually cross the trunk. Can you get a pic of the spots? I'm heading to bed but there will be others about in the morning that could help.

Messybee Sun 08-Jan-17 02:22:01

Thank you, my eldest had shingles when she was small, it was on her stomach and if I remember rightly doesn't look like this one really.
I'll get a picture in the morning as she is (finally!) asleep.

AfroPuffs Sun 08-Jan-17 02:29:50

Sounds like hives due to viral infection....can she pass urine okay or does it hurt? If it does (you say she's uncomfortable down there), then hives could be due to UTI as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now