Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Chickenpox!

(3 Posts)
Bubblegum89 Sun 08-Jan-17 01:12:27

My DD is 8 and on Thursday we noticed a small blister on her groin. Since then, quite a few more have shown up and she's got a bit of a temperature so it's obviously the dreaded chicken pox. She has a school residential trip on Wednesday which she has been looking forward to for months as her whole class is going away for 2 nights to do outdoorsy stuff which she loves. I was just wondering what the chances are that the blisters will have scabbed over by then? I know she's going to be absolutely heartbroken if she can't go sad

Burntbum Sun 08-Jan-17 01:29:56

What a shame for your DD. The spots tend to take about 5 days to crust over from when they first appear but they can come up in several crops. I would think it's unlikely that they'll all be crusted over for her trip. sad

Bubblegum89 Sun 08-Jan-17 01:55:08

Oh no sad thank you, I'll keep my fingers crossed anyway! I've got a feeling she's going to have even more spots by the morning

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now