Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Any dentists out there please? Pic attached, 8 year old has a big tooth growing in at an angle ...

(6 Posts)
goldangel Tue 03-Jan-17 20:34:33

Should we worry? Pain is mostly at night. Can't get a dentist appointment until the end of the month and have been advised to call 111 for an emergency dentist which I will do..

In the meantime if anyone has any advise it would be much appreciated, thanks

30ish Tue 03-Jan-17 20:36:44

It'll straighten up. Don't panic.

The wonkiest of teeth can end up perfectly straight.

Your dentist won't do anything yet. Watchful wait.

MazDazzle Tue 03-Jan-17 20:39:06

My DD8's tooth used to look exactly the same as this. It was at it's worst about a year ago. It has sorted itself out and hardly overlaps the other tooth at all now. It is no longer painful. Our dentist wasn't really interested confused

Mrsmorton Tue 03-Jan-17 20:46:43

It's not an emergency and I'd have not been impressed to see you at an OOH appointment at the expense of an adult with an actual emergency.

Teething is painful even when you're well into your teens, have you given any painkillers?

Make a routine appointment with your own dentist, out of interest, what would you like an emergency dentist to do? If it's just reassurance, please don't waste an appointment.
As 30ish said, it will straighten up.

willdoitinaminute Tue 03-Jan-17 20:55:37

If it's painful at night it's probably because it's not being cleaned adequately. Lots of gentle brushing and hot salt water mouthwashes. A dose of calpol should sort it out.
I see at least one of these ' emergencies ' a month, and give reassurance and the above advice.

goldangel Tue 03-Jan-17 21:10:16

Thanks for the speedy replies, great advice, I've booked an appointment with our regular dentist for the end of the month. It was their receptionist that suggested I call 111 for an emergency appointment if I needed sooner.

I was thinking of giving it the end of the month the see what happens naturally but with the crying again i I thought I'd ask here.

We've been giving calpol. Good point on the brushing, bet he's been avoiding that area as it's sore!

Will try salt water, thanks all very helpful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now