Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Whet is going on with my baby?

(4 Posts)
onedayimightforget Tue 03-Jan-17 13:33:28

She's been really grumpy and sleeping badly for the past couple of weeks but today she won't stop crying.

The has an ulcer on her throat. I thought she was teething but her gums aren't red and no teeth have appeared. Possible oral thrush? (I'm not sure, it looks like a bit of a coating towards the back of her throat and she's pulling off while feeding). She went through a period a couple of months ago where she was only doing a poo every 5/6 days and had a lot of painful wind, that then righted itself and she would go once a day, now we've gone back to that.

She seems so miserable but I don't know if it's just lots of little niggles all going on at once and making her feel like crap. Or if some or all of these things are connected.

Any ideas?

onedayimightforget Tue 03-Jan-17 13:36:31

Obviously my title is meant to be "what". How annoying that you can't edit it yourself.

shewolfmum Tue 03-Jan-17 20:14:24

How old? Have you checked (dpuble checked tongue tie?)

onedayimightforget Tue 03-Jan-17 20:47:04

She's 6 months. I don't think it's tongue tie as she was completely fine feeding. She did have thrush a couple of months ago and she was as obviously uncomfortable feeding but that cleared up and she's been fine since until this now. It definitely seems like there's something making her uncomfortable but I don't know what. I've decided to take her to the GP tomorrow to get her checked for thrush again as she has spent pretty much all day screaming and my nipples are starting to feel a bit painful like they did when she and I had it before.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now