Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Frequent fungal infections in baby

(9 Posts)
Daisychain2017 Mon 02-Jan-17 04:01:45

Anyone has this? My lo gets recurrent oral thrush and ringworm. Anyone had this and found an underlying cause? He does catch everyone cold going too with a lot if mucus production (like excessive) each time? Wondering what she should be investigated for if anything in terms of underlying conditions.

Daisychain2017 Mon 02-Jan-17 04:02:45

Sorry should have said she throughout... She doesn't have any development delays or anything else obviously wrong with her.

Freeurmind Mon 02-Jan-17 04:43:07

I found this on the NHS website, my apologies if you have already checked. www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Ringworm/Pages/Causes.aspx

Do you have a pet?

Daisychain2017 Mon 02-Jan-17 04:54:07

Thanks. No, no pets and she hasn't touched any animals recently either so I've no idea where she got it from. Only thing I can think of it's that I've had akthetes foot and she maybe came into contact with a towel or something id used on my feet. Doesn't explain why she keeps getting thrush too though - we've both been treated and I've never had any symptoms yet every time I stop the antifubgaks it comes back (even after I've used for a week after white patches gone). I guess I'm worried if she has some sort of immune disorder. She's exclusively breastfed so can't see why she picks up every virus going.

Daisychain2017 Mon 02-Jan-17 20:09:56

Anyone else?

Lilianne Tue 03-Jan-17 04:12:57

Mine had fungal infections as a baby, but they tended to come after antibiotics use for other illnesses. Did yours have medication recently?

Daisychain2017 Tue 03-Jan-17 05:50:58

Yes first time she got thrush she had antibiotics first. She's not had any in a long while though can she still just be run down from all her colds etc?

shewolfmum Tue 03-Jan-17 20:16:35

Then need some good pre and probiotics...wild harvest good brand or make some kefir? Need to build up good bacteria. Did you have abiotics at birth?

Daisychain2017 Tue 03-Jan-17 21:01:56

No antibiotics at birth.
Thanks - I've been thinking about probiotics but didn't know what to buy for a baby - will look into those. Also going to make sure I regularly give the vit d apparently it improves immune function too and I'm a bit lax about giving it!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now