Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Help! How much is too much pooping??

(4 Posts)
user1483127239 Fri 30-Dec-16 19:54:50

Hello,

Unfortunately yesterday my 17 month old son fell on his face and chipped his tooth. Took him to the dentist straight after and whilst the dentist was fine with him (he's referred us to hospital for second opinion) today he has done 6 very stinky poo nappies. He's never done this before. I'm not sure if he swallowed his tooth but dentist said he will poo it out if he has and we haven't seen it in any nappy so far. Maybe we missed it, but has anyone been through this before? Really don't know what to do as apart from the pooping he's his normal self

Please help! 1st time mummy

FourKidsNotCrazyYet Fri 30-Dec-16 19:58:54

If he's still happy in himself I really wouldn't worry. It may be a little bit of shock that's upset him but more likely just coincidence. It's the time of year for the wee ones to pick up grotty bugs. Keep him warm and well hydrated and he'll be fine.

FourKidsNotCrazyYet Fri 30-Dec-16 20:00:36

Sorry, that didn't sound very reassuring. Believe me I'm a worrier and I really, really would not be concerned. Hope you're ok OP smilewinecake

user1483127239 Fri 30-Dec-16 20:05:00

Hi,

Thank you for your reassurance. I'm such a worrier but as he's his normal happy self I couldn't see what else it could be. But I wouldn't be surprised if he's caught a bug and like you said it's such a coincidence.

Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now