Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

HELP - nits

(7 Posts)
Adoptingachild Fri 30-Dec-16 05:12:17

My 7 yr old DD had long thick hair and has lice eggs. There was one live one.

She has long thick dark hair - what is the best treatment out there to buy or get prescribed - I treat her and follow through a week later but she gets them so easily from others at school. Arghhhh.

Please advise the best - I'm fed up with having to treat her...

Ta

GraciousWhatDidIDo Fri 30-Dec-16 12:36:20

I've used a few over the counter treatments and they all worked fine. I recommend the nitty gritty comb and regular comb throughs. Sorry I don't have a magic wand, nits are a nightmare. Good luck!

MissSmiley Fri 30-Dec-16 12:37:48

I second nitty gritty but also have used their lotion. They also make repellent spray.

ilovewelshrarebit123 Fri 30-Dec-16 18:05:52

If you only found one live one, I'd just comb her through with a Nitty Gritty comb.

I found a live one on my DD hair and several eggs. I combed her through three nights on the trot, left it a few days and did it again and found nothing.

I try to avoid the treatments but Hedrin seems to work, but it's pricey! My DD has very long hair so we have to have the large bottle.

JaneAustinAllegro Fri 30-Dec-16 18:09:09

Prioderm imported from doktoronline

Ilovecaindingle Fri 30-Dec-16 18:12:31

Conditioner to saturate the entire hair and the nitty gritty comb. Don't just comb tho - proper back and forwards over the eggs!! My dd can sit on her hair and has had them several bloody times despite hair up for school every day!

dodobedoop Tue 03-Jan-17 12:33:31

DD has thick wavy hair. I resorted to Hedrin last time she had them, really saturated her hair, and good comb through afterwards.
Since then have gone back to nitty gritty comb couple of times a week.

They are a real pain, I'll look into the nitty gritty prevention spray that pp mentioned.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now