Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

anyone else had long term virus?

(3 Posts)
scrabble1 Thu 29-Dec-16 21:52:45

Started with ds,10 with vomiting bug. Then he had a nasty croupy cough for 8 weeks and another bout of sickness. GP did blood tests and came back as raised white blood cells, indicating a viral infection. Not anaemic. He has been using an inhaler and it helped the cough. Then I got full blown flu. Went to GP today, that was my first step out of house for 3 weeks. GP prescribed antibiotics and told me to rest. This evening ds started shaking and saying he felt sick. Again!!! He is so fed up and not himself at all. Usually a healthy and very lively person. This all seems endless and awful to see him so fed up. My mum isn't well so no respite and I feel guilty he hasn't been anywhere since school holiday started. Some very aggressive bugs going around

shewolfmum Thu 29-Dec-16 23:41:10

Yes...i had sicknedd and then cold and now still coughing 4 weeks on...dry gagging awful. Wet myself in john lewis with the cough not my finest hour..i am mega dosing vit c today to try and shift it!

scrabble1 Fri 30-Dec-16 18:06:26

Same happened to me blush shewolfmum.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now