Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Help - Anita

(5 Posts)
Adoptingachild Thu 29-Dec-16 12:55:34

My 7 yr old DD had long thick hair and has lice eggs. There was one live one.

She has long thick dark hair - what is the best treatment out there to buy or get prescribed - I treat her and follow through a week later but she gets them so easily from others at school. Arghhhh.

Please advise the best - I'm fed up with having to treat her...

Ta

Ebb Fri 30-Dec-16 16:01:00

I use Vosene 3 in one shampoo/conditioner/nit repellent on DD and always tie her hair up. She's never had nits but has very fine, blonde hair. Vosene also do a bit repellent spray. I think it has tea tree oil in. Perhaps comb through hair with a nitty gritty comb and lots of conditioner regularly. It's really hard though when other parents don't treat their children when they have nits.

MerryMarigold Fri 30-Dec-16 16:04:55

My daughter has very long hair and never had nits, but it is quite fine. It is always tied back due to nits. Funny, once when she was about 5 she commented that in the Barbie movies, they must all get nits!!! I would make sure it is plaited too if it's very thick and do the regular treatments. Perhaps they have also got onto pillows etc. so make sure things are washed at 60 degrees.

MrsM42 Fri 30-Dec-16 16:06:09

Hi,

My daughter had them all the time when she was little. I found the best thing was tea tree shampoo and conditioner and a tea tree spray for her hair before school each day. I also made sure her hair was tightly tied up in french plaits and a bun each day for school, put hairspray in her hair before she left for school and washed and brushed it with nit comb each night. It took a while, but after a couple of weeks doing this every day, she never had a recurrance.

Good luck xx

LIZS Fri 30-Dec-16 16:07:01

Are you checking your whole family , including yourself?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now