Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Prolonged diarrhoea in baby

(1 Post)
MetalMidget Tue 27-Dec-16 12:28:13

Just posting for some advice and reassurance, really. My five month old has had diarrhoea for nine days now. I contacted the doctor on Christmas eve, and she said to get back in touch if it hadn't cleared up by Thursday. I'm just wondering if I should be pushing more?

He's not being sick and doesn't have a fever, but his stools are dark green and frequent (he'd dropped down to four throughout the entirety of yesterday, but has ramped up again today (four dirty nappies so far, suspect a fifth in waiting...). He's feeding fine, seems happy and content, weeing fine too.

He's exclusively breastfed, and I've not really had any changes to my diet. He's my first, so I'm not sure what needs attention/further investigation and what needs to just be ridden out!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now