Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Book on puberty?

(10 Posts)
MavisTheTwinklyToreador Tue 27-Dec-16 10:27:47

Hi, can anyone recommend me a book on puberty for a boy please? Cheers.

Doublejeopardy Tue 27-Dec-16 11:00:25

Yes please (sorry OP no help)

LoadingDishwasher Tue 27-Dec-16 11:03:51

What age is your ds?

LoadingDishwasher Tue 27-Dec-16 11:06:09

I got this for my ds when he was 11......
What's Happening to Me?: Boy www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0746076630/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_oRKyybXF3TSTC

MavisTheTwinklyToreador Tue 27-Dec-16 11:07:11

He's almost 12 and I was surprised to discover he's already growing hair, so I realize I need to do the dreaded talk.

MavisTheTwinklyToreador Tue 27-Dec-16 11:07:55

LoadingDishwasher thanks, 👍

Wolfiefan Tue 27-Dec-16 11:13:25

Surely at that age he's gone through some kind of a "talk" at school?! confused

Doublejeopardy Tue 27-Dec-16 11:15:42

My DS is nearly 10 but a big mature body already so i want to be prepared

LoadingDishwasher Tue 27-Dec-16 11:16:23

It's not a thick book, but it covers everything. My ds would rather read a book and ask me questions he has rather than an in depth talk from me or his dad. We've always tried to answer any questions he's asked over the years, clarification of things he may have heard on the playground etc, but I found this book quite good at covering most other things he may need to know or is curious about.

whathaveiforgottentoday Tue 27-Dec-16 11:24:32

My dd has a copy of the girls version of the book recommend above. It's pretty good (and I've taught quite a lot of sex Ed so got a good idea of what tweens ask about this topic).
My dd dips into it and caught her the other day reading it at bedtime. We have sat and read parts of it together as well so totally recommend it too. She's 10 at the moment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now