Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DS skin (photo)

(13 Posts)
BabyHaribo Thu 22-Dec-16 19:15:07

Any ideas what this could be?

It's on his back and he says it's sore.

Looks like a graze but very round

LovingLola Thu 22-Dec-16 19:17:04

Has it been there for long?

Waterlemon Thu 22-Dec-16 19:18:26

It's hard to tell from a photo - but could be chicken pox! If it is more will appear in the next couple of hours, and your son will start to feel poorly, fever etc.

BabyHaribo Thu 22-Dec-16 19:21:28

I noticed it this morning.

He's had chicken pox and it's too big it's size if 5p

Janek Thu 22-Dec-16 19:24:02

It looks like he's scraped himself on his spine - is there a vertibrae directly under the mark?

hussherbye Thu 22-Dec-16 19:25:04

Could be impetigo- my DS had one started like that and very quickly was huge!!! Needs treating with anti-b s if it is

AmberEars Thu 22-Dec-16 19:25:42

I think he's just scraped the skin off hasn't he? My DS got this on his back after going go karting.

hussherbye Thu 22-Dec-16 19:25:58

FYI!

BabyHaribo Thu 22-Dec-16 19:28:27

It probably is just a scrape and he is sooooo skinny his spine does stick out.

Was just perplexed but how round it is!

Will keep an eye

TeddyIsaHe Thu 22-Dec-16 19:31:10

Could be the Herald spot of Pityriasis rosea - if it starts spreading it might be that. Nothing to worry about, but it is itchy and sore.
Or guttate psoriasis if it has a scaly patch on it, again you might notice more of the same spots starting.

Paffle Thu 22-Dec-16 19:35:50

Another vote for impetigo here

SnowInLove Fri 23-Dec-16 14:40:50

I came to say pityriasis rosea herald patch too.

My dd's started like this. It gradually got bigger, but the centre became clear...it was like a ring.

A couple of weeks later, smaller patches appeared all over her trunk, front and back. It was slightly itchy but it's harmless and not contagious.

PJ67 Sat 24-Dec-16 01:36:07

My ds had 3 like that, all in a row down his spine. Looks like a scrape.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now