Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Consistent High Temp

(3 Posts)
browneyedgirl23 Tue 20-Dec-16 18:30:59

Over the last 3 months my daughter who is 2.5 years has been ill on and off. She did start nursery in September so I knew she'd pick things up but she seems to be ill more often than not and recently her temps have been around 39-39.6!
It sometimes comes down with calpol/nurofen but it can last for 4-7 days at a time.
She does lose her appetite a bit but on the whole is her normal self. I take her to the docs on every occasion and they just keep telling me it's a viral infection - I just don't buy it!
Has anyone experienced this before and if so any advice would be really appreciated.

hanban89 Tue 20-Dec-16 22:42:50

When she has another bout check her throat? After starting nursery my DD began having repeated episodes of tonsillitis. She said her throat was never sore, so she had it a couple times before we realised. Her tonsils got very big, red and pussy with v high temps.
She did get very run down and after a couple months at nursery she had tonsillitis, urine infection and chest infection all at the same time and I have never seen her so ill.
They do pick up loads when they first start and most of the time it is viral and they can't do much unfortunately!

Haudyerwheesht Tue 20-Dec-16 22:56:36

Have they ever done a urine test? If not I'd push for one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now