Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Umbilical hernia developed when baby 10 months

(5 Posts)
Blerg Tue 29-Nov-16 18:59:32

I've searched around in this and it seems a bit unusual. Baby is 10 months, in good health, aside from recent vomiting bug. I noticed at bedtime it looks like he has a small umbilical hernia. I touched it to assess and felt a slight sensation as it went back in. He wasn't distressed by this but moments later it protruded again.

Has anyone had this? Internet search shows normally they are present at birth and go by age 1 themselves but obviously this is slightly different.

iMatter Tue 29-Nov-16 19:20:30

Ds2 had one which they kept telling me would go when he was 1. It didn't and they kept fobbing us off.

He had to have an op when he was 5 after it began to cause him problems and lots and lots of pain.

If it's new I would suggest a trip to the GP. In ds2's case they were worried about a strangulated hernia where his intestines were bulging into his tummy button (and by the age of 5 it was huge).

Blerg Wed 30-Nov-16 09:00:49

Thanks iMatter I will get him checked.

Just bumping too in case anyone else has an experience like this.

Blerg Wed 30-Nov-16 09:02:35

Also sorry I meant to - iMatter your poor DS. I've read they tend to operate around 5. It sounds awful for him (and you).

Blerg Fri 02-Dec-16 19:44:49

Bumping

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now