Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Weight gain/loss

(3 Posts)
Woopdedoo22 Wed 23-Nov-16 21:40:30

Just wondering what the average monthly weight gain is for 4 year olds? Also is it normal for a 4 year old to loose weight even though they have eaten very well?
DD 4.3 has gone from 15.6kg to 15.2kg in 6/7 weeks.

hanban89 Fri 25-Nov-16 23:13:11

Has she been unwell at all? Started new activities? My DD age 4 has lost weight since starting school and being in a strong eating routine.

Woopdedoo22 Sat 26-Nov-16 07:53:36

No she hasn't actually been ill, she usually has poor weight gain as she is always ill with chest infections which she is under different consultants etc for. But these last few weeks between her appointments (which is where she was weighed both times) she has been very well, eating and drinking fine, no change of routine or activities. They didn't mention anything although I am not sure they looked at her previous weight as now she is not under weight they see anything within a healthy range good. Even though it isn't a huge loss, I would have thought at 4 and growing in height, she would have gained a little even just for the height.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now