Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Is this cause for concern

(8 Posts)
Amithenormalone Wed 23-Nov-16 16:41:55

Ds3 who's 2 (today) last 2 weeks keeps coming up to me and saying mummy kiss belly hurts. Nothing like screaming in pain just seems generally in discomfort. Also noticed how horrible his poos can be (sorry for tmi) some days are really hard and a big lump then others a really green and gunky. He's doesn't seem unwell at all no temperature plays normally and no other symptoms at all. Do you think I should take him to doctors or could this just be normal?

Amithenormalone Wed 23-Nov-16 18:32:17

Anyone?

BurnTheBlackSuit Wed 23-Nov-16 18:35:03

I think you should as it's been going on for 2 weeks, he's complaining about tummy pain and his poos are wrong.

Unpleasant as it is, could you try and take some poo pictures for the doctor so he can see what they are like?

shewolfmum Wed 23-Nov-16 22:21:19

What is diet like?

Amithenormalone Thu 24-Nov-16 07:27:25

It's well balanced he eats alot of fruit loves fruit blueberries, strawberries and oranges seem to be his favourite at the moment. He always surprises me with his diet as he prefers to eat healthy it was his birthday yesterday and he ate one bite of cake then threw the rest in the bin.

shewolfmum Thu 24-Nov-16 23:08:03

I would get him checked out but also look at that fruit. If it were me i would cut out strawbs and oranges...give apple pear and see if that makes a difference? Other things to look at could be dairy and gluten...but not all at once!

Realitea Fri 25-Nov-16 10:03:34

Im thinking a food diary would be a good idea to find out what the trigger is.

Amithenormalone Fri 25-Nov-16 10:41:45

Going to take him doctors next week I was thinking could be dairy or gluten never thought about fruit thank you everyone smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now