Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Sore hands on toddler

(5 Posts)
PotOfYoghurt Tue 15-Nov-16 15:23:41

While eating today my 20 month old has started crying and rubbing at her hands, saying they're sore. They're sore if I wipe them too, but not if I just touch them. It's only eating juicy things as well, like cucumber and banana. Raisins and bread have been fine.

My first thought was HFM, but there's no spots in or around her mouth or on her hands and feet. She has had a runny nose for a couple of days.

Do you think it's the beginning of HFM or something else?

ParisGellar Tue 15-Nov-16 15:41:13

Is the skin dry at all? The juice might sting little cracks in dry skin.

PotOfYoghurt Tue 15-Nov-16 15:45:48

Hmm I hadn't thought of that! I've just had another look but can't see any cracks or dryness. It's more the undersides that seem to be hurting her. She's just come over all pale so I'm guessing something's going to come of it soon enough!

ParisGellar Tue 15-Nov-16 15:56:12

Poor baby! I've got no more idea sorry, hopefully someone will come along with some useful suggestion. Hope she's alright flowers chocolate

PotOfYoghurt Tue 15-Nov-16 16:40:09

Thank you! Her older sister has just got worms so it's turning out to be quite a week confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now