Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Spots / rash

(11 Posts)
SmileAndNod Sun 13-Nov-16 14:09:00

Does anyone have any idea what this might be? DS had been ill with a general virus ( temp, feeling dizzy etc) but this morning this has come up on his arm. Nowhere else on his body. He says it's a little bit itchy.
Does it look like anything in particular?
TIA

SmileAndNod Sun 13-Nov-16 14:11:01

Forgot the pic blush

SmileAndNod Sun 13-Nov-16 15:59:41

Hopeful bump...

BratFarrarsPony Sun 13-Nov-16 16:02:29

sorry to be a doom and gloom merchant but they do look like bedbug bites or possibley scabies. See the way the spots go in a line?

SmileAndNod Sun 13-Nov-16 17:02:54

Eek. What do I need to do then? He has pretty much a brand new bed shock

BratFarrarsPony Sun 13-Nov-16 17:15:52

Dont trust what I am saying but have a look at google images of both of those things and decide for yourself.

SmileAndNod Sun 13-Nov-16 17:31:50

Yes have looked at google and then been up to check beds and bedding! No sign of any dirt or empty cases as yet. Just running all the bedding through on a hot wash now and scratching like mad.
Have spent the whole weekend cleaning but clearly I'm a slattern blush

BratFarrarsPony Sun 13-Nov-16 17:49:07

no no those things are not because of dirt! they come in on eg second hand clothes

BratFarrarsPony Sun 13-Nov-16 17:49:35

Besides it might be something else entirely...

SmileAndNod Sun 13-Nov-16 17:55:02

No second hand stuff either. Sister shared his bed lastweek too. Could it be impetigo ? He's had that on his face but didn't think it affected your body?

ktmummy1 Sun 13-Nov-16 19:48:40

I'd also suggest bites given the puncture hole and pattern in a line. But I'm not a medic, just a Mum x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now