Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

What is this please? Facial skin issues

(18 Posts)
rewardformissingmojo Fri 11-Nov-16 07:46:36

Poor DS had a sore area above his lip under his nose, probably from not blowing his nose enough. Have been applying sudocreme. This morning there was blood all over it. When I cleaned him up, there was a spotty rash too. Can anyone advise? I am not one for going to the doctor's unnecessarily.

EBearhug Fri 11-Nov-16 07:47:54

Why is going to the doctor with an unexplained rash unnecessary?

P1nkP0ppy Fri 11-Nov-16 07:50:19

Looks like might be Impetigo, you need to get to the GP.
It's highly infectious op.

ShatnersBassoon Fri 11-Nov-16 07:50:38

You could see a nurse practitioner for this sort of thing, if there is one at your surgery. They usually have same day appointment availability and can prescribe when necessary.

Ring the surgery and ask if that service is available.

MistressMerryWeather Fri 11-Nov-16 07:51:06

Are there any spots inside his mouth or on his hands/feet?

Could be hand, foot and mouth.

rewardformissingmojo Fri 11-Nov-16 07:52:32

Oh sugar really?
EBearhug, I think generally if kids are well I don't take them for skin things that are likely to clear up, does that make sense? heard 'it's just a viral rash' too many times

rewardformissingmojo Fri 11-Nov-16 07:53:14

Ooh I looked for spots on his hands and feet but will look in his mouth now. Thanks

rewardformissingmojo Fri 11-Nov-16 07:55:01

So, school or not?
It's harder to get an appointment with the nurse than the doctor!

Waterjungle Fri 11-Nov-16 07:55:40

Are they like little water filled blisters that get crusty and won't heal?? I have had this a few times and needed an antibiotic cream from Drs. Google Periorbital Dermatitis. You do need to see a dr though or it will look like it's going but flare up again.

MistressMerryWeather Fri 11-Nov-16 08:02:12

Honestly, I would say no school in case it is impetigo or hand, foot and mouth because of how contentious they are.

Wait and see what the doctor/nurse says.

MistressMerryWeather Fri 11-Nov-16 08:03:02

Doh, contagious not contentious. grin

rewardformissingmojo Fri 11-Nov-16 08:17:41

Not really water jungle, the spots are raised red bumps.

rewardformissingmojo Fri 11-Nov-16 08:18:29

Thanks all. Surgery opens at 8:30, will ring then.

FannyFifer Fri 11-Nov-16 08:20:32

Just go into chemist & pharmacist will have a look. They usually pretty good with rashes, minor ailments etc.

rewardformissingmojo Fri 11-Nov-16 08:53:17

No appointments available today. Have warned the headteacher who is happy that there aren't any open sores, and she'll ring me if it progresses.

rewardformissingmojo Fri 11-Nov-16 08:53:46

Fanny great idea, I will take him after school.

FannyFifer Fri 11-Nov-16 10:09:23

Yeah my pharmacist even has a wee consulting room you can go in, they usually really good. Hopefully nothing to worry about..

rewardformissingmojo Sat 12-Nov-16 21:47:59

P1nkP0ppy had it, it was impetigo :-(

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now