Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Chickenpox for the second time

(4 Posts)
LC01 Sun 06-Nov-16 09:28:35

My DD of 7 years started to show signs of CP after school on Friday. I needed to get something else looked at anyway so we popped to the NHS drop in centre (in the isolation room) near us and the doctor confirmed it was CP and she received antibiotics for the other problem.

Anyhow, she's only developed a few extra spots since Friday night - mainly on her tummy and under her arms. Has anyone else's child had a mild dose the second time round? I'm worried she'll end up with it again if it's not bad enough for her to develop immunity.

dementedpixie Sun 06-Nov-16 13:33:57

Does it follow a line on her body and is it localised in one area? If so it could be shingles

hanban89 Mon 07-Nov-16 22:38:54

My neighbours DS has had them fully twice, and so has her brother. I've heard of it happening twice in other people as well. Hopefully this will be the last time, and they won't be too bad for her.

MiaowTheCat Mon 07-Nov-16 22:46:40

DD2 sulked when her sister got chicken pox and I explained she wasn't going to get it again as she'd already had it with a stroppy "I want spots too."

Little bugger got her wish.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now