Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

V and D for nearly a week

(9 Posts)
PetalMettle Sat 05-Nov-16 09:39:05

My son nearly 15 months has had d since Monday, vomitting every day but yesterday.

He's very weak and tired as he's eaten next to no solids since Tuesday, and feels very bony (he was small born, struggled to gain weight initially and most recently was on 9th percentile weighed).

I took him to OOO on Thursday night and they said he wasn't too dehydrated and just to wait it out. Is that what I should do?

I know I'm quite pfb about him. He was on 0.4 line for first five months, and it took me a long time to get pregnant, but it just seems like a very long time to be ill

PetalMettle Sat 05-Nov-16 09:42:32

Oh and MIL looked after him yesterday and said we should take him to a and e or doctors before giving him calpol - he's had a fever but it's been going down with calpol and I took him to gps an hour after he'd had it so he seemed quite well

megletthesecond Sat 05-Nov-16 09:45:05

I'd be going back with him today. That's a long time for an adult to be wrung out with d&v, let alone a toddler. If you think you're pfb then I'm pfb too. And I'd have been the same with dc2.

ElspethFlashman Sat 05-Nov-16 09:47:44

Possibly rotavirus when it's that long. That's the one that lasts a week.

When DS had it around that age we reverted to Ellas pouches, the sucky ones. He managed a few of those. And Frubes. And chips!

As long as he's not dehydrated and his temp responds to Calpol, then it will pass.

PetalMettle Sat 05-Nov-16 10:10:31

He had the drops but he ended up in hospital with gastro 6 months ago. He also had vomitting and liquid poo Sunday before last but that only lasted a day

Roastie1986 Mon 14-Nov-16 20:54:20

Hey is little one better?my ds had what I thought and docs also told me at 11 months old a bug. Well I took him to the docs 3 days running as I thought I should act on my own instinct. All 3 times docs said just a bug and he wasn't dehydrated. Well on the Sunday he ended up in resuscitation and confirmed gastrointorirus. I'd say anything lasting more than 2 days is gastrointorirus. X

PetalMettle Mon 14-Nov-16 22:09:56

Hello. Thanks yes he is better fx now. It lasted one more day, so six days in total. It turned out to be salmonella poisoning. sad luckily he was nursing a lot and taking enough water not to need to go to hospital this time

Roastie1986 Mon 14-Nov-16 22:22:52

Wow salmonela posining! Holy crap that's awful sad

PetalMettle Tue 15-Nov-16 03:16:32

Yes, no wonder he was so poorly. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now