Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Am I worrying about nothing - red marks

(6 Posts)
orangebud Thu 03-Nov-16 21:47:20

My 1 year old is just finding her feet and getting the usual bumps. I'm not worried about these as I know it is a stage they all go through. I'm concerned because she seems to get really bad red marks on her face for no reason. I have no idea where they come from. From looking at them you would think she had really hurt herself, but there are no tears and they just seem to appear. I had initially dismissed these as bumps I had missed her doing, but her nursery has noticed it happening too and have raised it with me. The marks disappear within an hour and don't seem to bother her, I just have no idea where they come from. Any suggestions?

ellie333 Thu 03-Nov-16 22:33:44

Do u have a pic?! Are the patches dry or shiny what do they look like. My children always got patches of eczema that would come and go the same way..

orangebud Thu 03-Nov-16 23:11:37

They aren't dry or shiny, just bright red. Sometimes there is white in the middle (like a scratch mark almost) but there has been nothing to cause it. It's really weird,

shewolfmum Thu 03-Nov-16 23:29:47

Hmmm. Could it be hives?

glorious Thu 03-Nov-16 23:31:35

Yes, are they a bit raised? Could be hives.

Olympiathequeen Fri 04-Nov-16 10:19:01

Does sound like hives, so maybe some allergy? Contact with things like nickel could cause it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now