Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

GP or keep going at home?

(7 Posts)
Titsalinabumsquash Wed 02-Nov-16 08:55:54

DD is 18 months and started vomiting on Monday, quite frequent, she slept the whole day/night and was vomiting in her sleep.
Tuesday she was still vomiting although less frequently she also started passing foul smelling wind and watery poo.

Vomiting carried on last night as did the watery, yellow poo.
She's now vomiting with a lot more force and it's green?! And foamy?!
She's willing to feed and isn't too poorly in herself.
Should I see the GP now it's been 3 days or keep her home and let it run its course?

ImperialBlether Wed 02-Nov-16 08:56:51

GP of course!

Cacofonix Wed 02-Nov-16 09:11:43

She is very young. Phone the GP surgery and ask them. They'll probably want to see her.

Titsalinabumsquash Wed 02-Nov-16 09:13:35

I'll give them a call, thanks.

anotherdayanothersquabble Wed 02-Nov-16 09:13:38

Oh god, poor little girl and poor you. Vomiting illnesses are awful.

I hope she recovers soon.

Babymamamama Wed 02-Nov-16 09:13:57

Start with a call back from the gp this morning. She might be infectious so gp waiting room might not be the best place for her. As of course you know try to keep her hydrated.

Titsalinabumsquash Wed 02-Nov-16 09:56:01

The dr said not to take her down, it sounds like stomach flu so should be on it's way out soon.

She's still feeding so she's not likely to get dehydrated thankfully. Thanks for the help.smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now