Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Mouth ulcers

(4 Posts)
debedoo Sun 30-Oct-16 15:34:26

Is anyone else's children really prone to mouth ulcers? DS is 11, really active, takes vitamins, lots of fruit and veg but constantly seems to have mouth ulcers! Don't know what to do!!

Marshmallow92 Mon 31-Oct-16 21:43:28

I used to suffer quite badly from mouth ulcers as a child and I too had a healthy diet. The doctor always told my parents to do a food diary to see if certain foods triggered them. If I remember correctly, tomato sauce was one of those foods, I didn't have it often but it was a trigger as were crisps. May be an idea to keep a diary! Might be making this up but I think acidic foods like oranges can affect some people?

QuackDuckQuack Mon 31-Oct-16 21:58:56

Sodium lauryl sulfate in toothpaste has been linked to mouth ulcers. You can get toothpaste without it (often described as SLS free). Just make sure it isn't a wacky no fluoride toothpaste as fluoride is important.

Katymac Mon 31-Oct-16 22:01:45

For me either Zinc or B12 supplements solved them - not sure which as i was diagnosed as deficient for them both at the same time

Curing the ulcers was a side effect, & very welcome

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now