Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

How do I prevent leaky loose poo / diarrhoea nappies

(3 Posts)
CarlaMichelle Sun 30-Oct-16 12:42:26

My DD is 4.5 months old, since the household had a tummy bug a week ago her poo's have been extremely fluid even though she is fine in herself now. Every single poo requires a full change of clothes it just goes straight up her back and down her legs. This happens between 3 and 5 times a day and every day she wakes in the morning requiring a change and soiled sleeping bag. I'm at a loss of what to do, the amount of washing is driving me insane and when we're out it can be extremely inconvenient. I don't think changing nappy brand will help because of the fluidity of the poo. She is feeding formula normally and I know weaning will help make it more solid but I can't take another month and half of this, does anyone have any advice please? 😊

ByJoveItsAGoodUn Sun 30-Oct-16 19:41:09

Her guts are prolly still adjusting to the bug. She won't be like this for a month and a half. However as she's so young I'd want to get her checked out by the hv or doctor. I'd tjink there might ve a dehydration risk.

Dinosaursgoboo Sun 30-Oct-16 23:06:53

I've found diarrhoea often goes on for a couple of weeks after a bug in my babies. But it does clear up then. Prob worth a call to the GP though I suspect they won't be able to do anything. Try a different brand of napy or the next size up?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now