Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Touretts, OCD and Anxiety Disorder

(3 Posts)
Cheryl1961 Fri 28-Oct-16 17:49:04

Hi All
Im a newby on here. Although I am a mum Im trying to get some help for my friend. Her youngest child aged 15 has been diagnosed with Touretts, ODC and Anxiety disorder the latter two because of the Touretts. Her partner has walked out leaving her to care for her children but is not paying her any money at all. She works 30 hours week as a carer and gets child tax credits. I really want to help her. Because of the shortage of money she is really struggling so has no internet. My question is Are there other benefits that my friend can claim for her son? She wont ask herself as she doesnt think shes entitled. My view is that she should be. The partner is a complete pig and only makes sporadic contact with the kids making all kind of promises and then never turns up. Does anybody know the position so far as benefits entitlment is concerned? Thank you for any advice.

lazymum99 Sat 29-Oct-16 15:58:37

If the 15 year old needs more care than a normal 15 year old she can try and claim for Disability Living allowance. If she does, I suggest she gets help filling in the form from either Citizens Advice or a disability rights organisation. She will need supporting medical evidence form GP, consultants and a letter from school outlining any extra help needed is useful.

Cheryl1961 Sat 29-Oct-16 17:12:32

lazymum99 many thanks for your comments. I'll pass the information on to my friend.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now