Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Potty training boys

(5 Posts)
amammabear Tue 25-Oct-16 12:34:52

I don't know if this is actually a problem or not, but my four year old is having problems with weeing. When he wees, the urine goes out at an angle instead of straight out of the penis.

Is this something I need to take him to the doctors for?

LetsJunglyJumpToIt Tue 25-Oct-16 13:41:07

This could be hypospadias, where the hole isn't in quite the right place. So yes you would need to see your GP. Is he concentrating when he wees? My 4 year old wees on the toilet/wall if he's not thinking.

amammabear Tue 25-Oct-16 20:10:11

Thanks, it's always the same, it's impossible for him to wee standing and even sitting, it has to be very very carefully directed.

YoHoHoandabottleofTequila Tue 25-Oct-16 21:19:08

I think you should definitely see the GP then.

amammabear Tue 25-Oct-16 21:36:27

Thank you x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now