Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Head lice advice please

(3 Posts)
RedHouses Mon 24-Oct-16 13:36:53

2yo DD has caught head lice for the first time. She's started nursery recently so it's inevitable really. I used some treatment on it yesterday morning and got a Nitty Gritty comb (as seen recommended on here) and got all the lice and eggs out that I could find. There weren't many really.

The only thing is there's some little black specks that are stuck to her hair just behind her ears and I'm not sure if they are related to the lice or not? I can't seem to be able to comb them out. I keep checking her hair and can't see any more eggs or lice. Does anyone know what these are?

user1477282676 Mon 24-Oct-16 14:45:57

Nit eggs aren't black so that's unusual. The eggs are pale in colour and they're the things which stick to the hair. The nits themselves move about and they're darker.

I can't think what they could be.

Repeat the nitty gritty and treatment as per the instructions or they will return!

RedHouses Mon 24-Oct-16 16:00:30

Thanks, all the info I've looked at online doesn't say what it could be either. I am going to comb through with conditioner a few times this week and do the treatment again next weekend. Bloody annoying things they are!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now