Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Somebody please have a look at these pics!

(10 Posts)
Undertheboredwalk Sun 23-Oct-16 11:22:12

DD (4) had chicken pox last year, she had it really badly, completely covered in them, so I expected she would def be immune now. But today these have appeared, they look like pox to me but can she really have them again after having such a severe bout first time around?
Do they look like they could be anything else? She's absolutely fine on herself apart from a bit of a cough.
She's due to go to holiday club all week, I really don't want her to have to miss that!

Onedaftmonkey Sun 23-Oct-16 11:24:06

It could be a viral infection. Had she cut herself anywhere recently? Id get it checked out on Monday if it gets worse. Good luck for the half term.

Undertheboredwalk Sun 23-Oct-16 11:28:31

Thanks monkey, can a viral rash give you fluidy spots? If it can I'd be far more convinced of that than pox. I just don't think she should be able to catch them!

Undertheboredwalk Sun 23-Oct-16 11:30:09

A viral infection other than pox obviously grin

MirabelleTree Sun 23-Oct-16 11:31:46

DS had chickenpox badly at 9 months and then went on to have a few spots each time there was a new chickenpox outbreak for a few years.

Have to say they do look like chickenpox to me. Sorry, know that isn't what you wanted to hear.

spacefrog35 Sun 23-Oct-16 11:33:40

I've had chicken pox 4 times. blush It's unusual but not impossible, sorry.

lljkk Sun 23-Oct-16 11:35:38

I can't see very well, but I would have thought insect bites not CP.

Onedaftmonkey Sun 23-Oct-16 11:37:00

When ds had the infection we thought it was CP. The spots were fairly similar but smaller not much fluid in them. I never knew you could get CP more than once. It would be a shame for her if it is. Hope she's ok soon.

Undertheboredwalk Sun 23-Oct-16 11:46:55

Lljkk my first thought was bites too, but the spots are little blisters, no puncture at all.
Thankfully she's not at all unwell, but I'm going to have to keep her home to be on the safe side I suppose.
Bloody pox. DH is away all week and I have 2yr old potty training DS and 5month old DS2,I was relying on at least DD being out each day!
I'm a bit worried about DS2 catching it too, he's too little sad

Shurelyshomemistake Sun 23-Oct-16 22:09:26

The pattern on the back looks a bit like shingles. Children can get this, especially if they cpox young.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now