Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Migraine in 11yo?

(4 Posts)
walruswhiskers Fri 21-Oct-16 20:03:44

She reported funny eyes earlier and now has terrible headache (bad enough to make my little stoic cry) and pins and needles. No fever. Have put her to bed after calpol and she is dozing - I'm sat beside her. Do I need to do anything else?

Badders123 Fri 21-Oct-16 20:29:34

Pins and needles?
Where?
If this is her first migraine I would phone 111

walruswhiskers Fri 21-Oct-16 20:44:49

They were in her hand but have gone now. She's awake again and just has the headache now which is lessening.

I was a bit worried before but feel reassured now - will keep her in bed with me tonight though to keep an eye.

We have a mate who is a GP. Assuming no further developments, ill have a chat with him tomorrow, though obviously will call 111 if she worsens again.

SheepyFun Fri 21-Oct-16 20:51:49

DH was having migraines well before 11, so it's more than possible that your DD is getting them too. He still gets them and takes a range of medication, all of which is more powerful than paracetamol alone. Definitely worth talking to a GP to find out what treatment your DD could take if they recur.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now