Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Need advice asap please

(8 Posts)
lilyborderterrier Wed 19-Oct-16 22:08:32

Hi I need some help asap. Earlier today at 5pm my 3.8 year old was climbing and fell off landing on her hand/ arm. She was obviously upset but calmed down quickly, and hasn't said anything hurts anyway, she went on to eat tea, watch bedtime hour, have a bath, stories and then bed, so totally fine but she woken up 3 times hysterical screaming saying her arm hurts. She can move her hand,fingers bare weight on it but is saying it hurts really bad.
So do you think I should do anything ? Or is she just being 3 ? I'm
Home alone do not drive and I don't know what to think ? Am I overreacting?
It's horrible hearing her whimpering upstairs.

RunningOutOfIdeas Wed 19-Oct-16 22:15:32

I would take her to A&E. Children falling onto a hand is a classic cause of fracture. It is not always immediately painful. The fact that it is now waking her suggests something is wrong.

Can you get a taxi?

ICSH1 Wed 19-Oct-16 22:25:31

My friend had something similar after her little girl fell from a slide. Initially she didn't complain too much but then woke a few times overnight with discomfort- my friend then took her to a&e the next day and it turned out she'd fractured her ankle. I think it's worth checking if I'm honest.

lilyborderterrier Wed 19-Oct-16 22:54:35

Thanks for reply just rand 111 they said take her to a & e so just waiting for her daddy to come back then we are going. Thanks x

ICSH1 Wed 19-Oct-16 23:14:59

Try not to be too worried though- if she can bear weight that's a good sign. Good luck! X

Mistletoekids Sun 23-Oct-16 21:51:14

Was it broken?

lilyborderterrier Mon 24-Oct-16 20:32:21

Hi no the little minx totally made it up! We never even went to A&e as she told daddy when he'd rushed back from work that it didn't really hurt ! So we had a really late night and we're very tired the next day. But thankfully her arm was totally fine.

Mistletoekids Mon 24-Oct-16 23:44:46

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now