Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Dd2 has poo'd 4 times today.

(5 Posts)
DeleteOrDecay Tue 18-Oct-16 13:24:22

And it's only just gone 1pm. She's 17months old, that's not normal is it? It's also quite loose, but thick and sticky rather than runny (sorry for tmi).

It's been like this for a few days now, she seems fine in herself. Drinking plenty, maybe slightly off her food (certain fruits that she used to devour) but still eating a decent amount. I suspect teething but she's not showing any other obvious signs and I can't feel any new teeth. Probably worrying about nothing but should I take her to the GP?

DeleteOrDecay Tue 18-Oct-16 13:26:57

Oh and not that poo smells pleasant anyway but they smell really bad too.

BumWad Tue 18-Oct-16 13:28:14

My DS (16 months) did similar poos approximately 2 weeks before he started proper teething. It was sticky and smelly. He also does poos like that when he's got a cough and cold, I'm guessing it's all the mucus he's swallowing.

His first two molars are currently coming out and he's doing approx 4 poos a day rather than the usual 1 or 2.

DeleteOrDecay Tue 18-Oct-16 13:36:26

That's reassuring. I know from past teething episodes that her poo's go a bit manky for a while so maybe it is that after all and the teeth just haven't broken the surface yet. A cold could also be a possibility as there's been one going round our house for the past couple of weeks. Thanks for replying!

LetsJunglyJumpToIt Tue 18-Oct-16 16:31:01

Normal is different for every child. DS poo'd five times yesterday, some days he doesn't poo at all. She's well, she's eating and drinking and fine in herself then no there's no need to go to the GP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now