Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

3 year old leg pain

(9 Posts)
onmybroomstick Fri 14-Oct-16 22:56:44

Ds2 has hyper mobility. At least once a week he is waking up crying with leg pain. Currently up and so upset because his leg hurts. Is this normal and any suggestions on how to help him please

mymatemax Fri 14-Oct-16 23:00:43

A warm bath & gentle massage along with paracetamol helps ds2 who has joint pain & muscle spasms. It is always worse if he's had a growth spurt.

DollyBarton Fri 14-Oct-16 23:02:28

My now 3 year old did this a lot when he was two. I used to get in with him and firmly rub the sore leg till he went back to sleep. It was horrible though.

onmybroomstick Fri 14-Oct-16 23:04:26

I've got him in my bed again just rubbing his knee and cuddling him, he's had some calpol it's horrible he sounds so sad and in pain with it bless him. He must wonder why it keeps happening when he just wants to sleep.

SuckingEggs Fri 14-Oct-16 23:08:57

It's worse when they are going through a growth spurt. Doctor said Nurofen is better when you need to ease this type of pain.

Physiotherapist can help. Also, exercise such as swimming and martial arts can strengthen those little limbs.

It's horrible, though. You have my sympathy 💐

SuckingEggs Fri 14-Oct-16 23:10:01

Warm bath with salts (the type that help relaxation such as Dead Sea) can be useful along with massage.

onmybroomstick Fri 14-Oct-16 23:17:13

He's actually been swimming this afternoon. We have a list of physio exercises we can do, all seems abit unhelpful when they're upset tho doesn't it. Nothing worse than your babies in pain. Thanks all

SuckingEggs Fri 14-Oct-16 23:21:13

Yup. Been there. It's a lifelong condition and they have to learn to keep active and do those exercises.

Mine at three and four really suffered. I spent many nights comforting a child in pain. It comes and goes but it is awful to see.

onmybroomstick Mon 17-Oct-16 22:18:34

At it again tonight and last night so sad for my usual happy little man

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now