Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Can hear baby's tummy gurgling

(3 Posts)
Moonrocks6 Thu 06-Oct-16 12:35:17

Week old baby went 48 hours without pooping due to a few feeding issues. She has now gone twice in the last 20 hours or so but I can now hear her tummy gurgling.

She slept fitfully last night so I assume that the trapped wind is bothering her.
Any recommendations for getting it sorted? I hate seeing her uncomfortable.

dailymaillazyjournos Fri 07-Oct-16 14:36:36

Congratulations on your dd smile

You could try gently massaging her tummy in a clockwise direction and lifting her legs up to her tummy to see if that releases any wind.

Sometimes their tummies gurgle when they're ready for a feed. I could literally hear dgd's formula hitting the bottom of her tummy when I fed her sometimes.

You could try laying her across your lap in a face down position. Sometimes if their tummy presses against something it release some wind. Hope she is soon comfier.

maccamummy Fri 07-Oct-16 14:38:52

Congrats! I had the same with DS and found holding him against me like I was picking him up and cuddling him helped as if you hold a but tightly it puts some pressure on them and I found helps wind up or down. Infacol is amazing by the way. Good luck X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now