Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Headache worse when standing, it's nothing isn't it?

(9 Posts)
lostscot Tue 04-Oct-16 19:11:17

Dd10 is very rarely ill but complained of sore throat and headache yesterday. She went to bed ok until midnight when she was sick, this carried on a couple more times over night but she seemed brighter this morning to the point another mum said she was playing on it. She faded again midday and has been on sofa all day. Tonight she's refusing to move and says her head hurts if she stands or moves.
Tell me I'm panicking over nothing? I'm slightly paranoid after ds having meningitis at 6 moths.

sentia Tue 04-Oct-16 19:12:56

A headache that worsens when upright is a symptom of a spinal fluid leak. I'd get her to a doctor.

Haggisfish Tue 04-Oct-16 19:14:02

I'd call 111. It can also be a sign of sinusitis but I'd want checking given the relatively recent other diagnosis in the family.

TheFairyCaravan Tue 04-Oct-16 19:14:21

My head hurts worse if I stand or move when I get a migraine. That fits with the vomiting.

It could, also, be dehydration. How much has she drank today and how many doses of paracetamol/nurofen has she had?

Haggisfish Tue 04-Oct-16 19:14:44

Sorry, just reread-am assuming it's not a recent diagnosis! I'd still call for reassurance.

ShowOfHands Tue 04-Oct-16 19:16:38

Things like migraine or dehydration cause heightened pain on moving, as does sinusitis for example. However, it can be caused by other problems so if in doubt, you need to see somebody.

lostscot Tue 04-Oct-16 19:20:01

She's had children's neurofen at 4am, 11am and around 6pm. Has had a Capri sun, some flat lemonade and a few sips of water.

lostscot Tue 04-Oct-16 19:22:01

Not sure how much she's been for a wee as husband had her this afternoon as I worked. She's now asleep on sofa. I'll bang around s bit see if she wakes up...

lostscot Tue 04-Oct-16 19:23:12

Sorry should have said ds is now 8 so it was a long time ago.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now