Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Could he be allergic to multi vitamins?

(4 Posts)
NakedMum33and3rd Sun 02-Oct-16 09:15:27

My DS is four. We give him a haliborange chewable strawberry vitamin before his bath every night. Every night after the bath he has hives on his back. I've tried everything. We don't use soap just dermal and we put nothing in the bath.
The other day we ran out of the vitamins and he didn't have the hives for a few days. He had them again last night after taking one.
I think he is allergic to them and I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this? It has only just clicked that it could be them!

Ditsy4 Sun 02-Oct-16 09:22:28

Yes, it could be the coating. Switch to a different brand try a health food shop one.

dailymaillazyjournos Sun 02-Oct-16 21:58:31

Yes. Don't know what the brand is but dgd was red all round her mouth after wards. They were liquid ones. So in my experience yes, your DS definitely could be.

Ditsy4 Tue 04-Oct-16 21:46:38

Don't give him anymore of that brand because the reaction can escalate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now