Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

toddler masturbation

(9 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

MrsMozza Fri 30-Sep-16 15:14:07

I took my then 18 month old to the docs and they confirmed that her odd behaviour (lying on the floor huffing and puffing) as Gratification Disorder (infantile masturbation). It is definitely a relief that it isn't anything serious, however, how does one explain this to grandparents!?? Any ideas? It seems a bit more accepted for a boy but not so much for a girl.

Mummernot Sat 01-Oct-16 05:54:23

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

MrsJuerdoNorksko Sat 01-Oct-16 05:59:32

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

AyeAmarok Sat 01-Oct-16 07:43:03

Reported.

IonaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 01-Oct-16 09:56:46

Morning folks. Just to clarify, we've no reason to suspect the OP here is anything but genuine. We've zapped a couple of tedious trolls on the thread though. As you were.

Chimchar Sat 01-Oct-16 10:04:40

I know a little girl who used to do this in nursery....she used to rock herself on the edge of the chair.
She grew out of it by the time she was starting Primary at 4 years old.

No advice though I'm afraid. smile

NEmum Sat 01-Oct-16 10:10:53

A great resource about appropriate sexualised behaviours is the "Brook traffic light tool", google it and it'll come straight up.
By looking at the tool you can identify appropriate vs harmful behaviours. Could be good to refer to when you are explaining that it is normal... good luck x

AyeAmarok Sat 01-Oct-16 12:10:27

Sorry OP, just to clarify I wasn't reporting your post! It was the two posters (who I suspect were the same person) below yours who have been trolling on different threads all night, with similarly repulsive and inappropriate "advice".

lcl Sat 01-Oct-16 12:19:11

Society is so irritating how it's seen as normal and healthy for boys but not girls !!! My daughter has actual. Made a hole in her pj bottoms and they are a week old.Im sure it's related to this! She is 6. I'm not concerned I'd have thought this is relatively normal. I didn't do it but I'm sure other kids do !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now