Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

5 year old Dd has has intermittent stomach pain for 6 days, with occasional vomitting

(6 Posts)
eightytwenty Mon 26-Sep-16 23:54:08

Dd has complained of on and off stomach pain since last Wednesday. When it's not hurting she is her normal self. But when it's sore (always on waking), and often later in the day, she has to lie down on her stomach and she's really uncomfortable (crying/ moaning). I can't see any connection with food. Calpol doesn't seem to help much but Nurofen does. She's vomitted about 3 times since Wednesday and it's not a huge gastro type affair - more just what she's recently eaten or drunk. We took her to the out of hours GP service on Saturday but by the time we got there she was feeling fine. They tested her for a urinary infection (nothing) and palpated her stomach which at the time wasn't sore. I've since palpated it when it's been sore and she definitely reacts to pressure around the tummy button (which is where she says it hurts). Back to the GP tomorrow but not sure what to ask for. Any ideas of what it might be/ what to ask the dr.

LifeIsGoodish Tue 27-Sep-16 00:13:18

When did she last poo?

eightytwenty Tue 27-Sep-16 07:29:54

Should have said Friday and Sunday.

LifeIsGoodish Tue 27-Sep-16 17:12:35

What did the GP say?

Reason I asked is that my ds suffers from chronic constipation. He has no problem passing soft poo, so we did not realise for several years. He has a lot of overflow soiling and mild nausea, but occasionally gets severe stomach pain and vomits. Sounds very much like what you describe, except that his pain is always on the left. Pain can travel, though, and apparently constipation cannot always be palpated.

eightytwenty Tue 27-Sep-16 22:26:25

We got sent back to the hospital again who said they think it is a virus and the stomach glands are sensitive. New to me. She was sore again this morning but seemed a bit perkier tonight. Off school tomorrow so will see how she is then.

Chronic constipation sounds horrid. Were you able to get on top of it?

donkir Fri 07-Oct-16 18:20:21

How is your dd now op?
I had something similar when I was younger and it turned out to be a grumbling appendix. It went on for a year until one day the pain was so bad my mum took me to hospital where I got it taken out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now