Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

8 week immunisations

(12 Posts)
LimesMum Thu 15-Sep-16 06:16:46

Hi

I keep hearing how poorly these make the babies

I'm home on my own tonight and DD1 is having loads of night wakings atm and DD2 has her jabs this morning

Just wondering what people's experiences have been - will she definitely be really hot and unwell?

Also did people give calpol? Before, just after or only if needed? I've heard different things from different people

Thanks!

BikeRunSki Thu 15-Sep-16 06:19:20

Both mine had the jabs, wailed a bit, and carried on as usual.

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Thu 15-Sep-16 06:21:33

DD2 is just over a year old so had the new men c jab as part of her imms. They said she has to have calpol within 30 mins after the jab as it is known to spike temperature, but not to give before.

The rota virus bit give her loose nappies for a few days after the jabs but it didn't bother her and she was fine in herself so you may find that yours will be OK too, not all babies are poorly after.

Good luck!

LimesMum Thu 15-Sep-16 06:26:08

Oh good! DD1 was never bothered by them and didn't have calpol but I believe the ones now have something different in them - perhaps it's the meningitis one you mention.

Thanks tho! I'll wait until after for the calpol then

confusedlilly Thu 15-Sep-16 06:33:11

It's the new men c jab at the first and last lot of injections. They advise you to give calpol within 30mins of having it and then two more lots every 4 hours after. It's because there is a risk of a temp with the new jab so to try and prevent it

LifeBeginsNow Thu 15-Sep-16 06:38:08

My little boy has recently had his. He cried at the time (it was three different jabs) and as soon as he was dressed and back in the car seat with a dummy he was fine again. I was really worried beforehand though!

I was advised to give calpol 30 mins later and then one more dose as per the packet. He slept fine, didn't grumble and his nappies were the same as always.

Mar15mite Thu 15-Sep-16 07:00:10

My DS had them last week 3 doses of calpol 4hourly afterwards. He was a bit warm but nothing that upset him.

Don't worry smile

Blueredballoon Thu 15-Sep-16 07:03:47

My baby was quite miserable afer these jabs- a day of a high temperature and a rubbish, miserable night. But Calpol really helped and it was only a day/ night max, so nothing too major.

LimesMum Thu 15-Sep-16 11:47:30

Thanks for replies - we've had them and calpol so will wait and see now!

FadedRed Thu 15-Sep-16 11:54:15

BTW It's the Meningitis B that can cause the high temperature, not C.

BikeRunSki Thu 15-Sep-16 20:08:10

How is he Limes?

LimesMum Fri 16-Sep-16 04:45:29

Kept her topped up with calpol, she's been hot and irritable but ok ish only problem is she isn't wanting to feed so I'm exploding!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now