Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

What is wrong with my toddler?

(9 Posts)
Nikki2ol6 Tue 13-Sep-16 08:05:26

He's 18 months and on Sunday developed a cough where he was coughing a lot and it making him turn red/purple at points. But besides this was good. Yesterday's a little worse and wanting cuddles, today a temperature, coughing up yellow phlegm, coughing so much he's vomiting and everytime he try's to eat or drink he coughs and chokes. My GP doesn't open till 8:30, he's been awake half the night with coughing too. What could this be?

PitchFork Tue 13-Sep-16 08:09:23

a cough obviously.
I would just take him to gp today so they can recommend/prescribe treatment but most likely it will just go away on it's own with plenty of fluids and rest.

Nikki2ol6 Tue 13-Sep-16 08:18:54

Also I forgot to mention the day before this started my 3 year old was putting stickers on people he got from his paw patrol book and put one on my toddler and he put it straight in his mouth and we tried to get it out he was coughing a lot but we assumed it had just been swallowed ?

Imnotaslimjim Tue 13-Sep-16 08:23:35

The sticker won't harm him, the glue will be non-toxic for that reason.

Pop him to the Dr, they'll check him over, probably tell you it's viral and suggest calpol but with little ones its better to check it isn't anything more series

Imnotaslimjim Tue 13-Sep-16 08:23:49

*serious

Nikki2ol6 Tue 13-Sep-16 09:31:52

Ok we rang the GP and have an app this afternoon

minipie Tue 13-Sep-16 14:43:25

The coughing combined with vomiting sounds when my 11 month old had bronchiolitis last winter. Ask GP to check oxygen levels.

Nikki2ol6 Tue 13-Sep-16 16:47:58

He has been given anti biotics for a chest infection

JacquelineChan Tue 13-Sep-16 16:52:01

oh bless him. I wish him well Nikki.

i remember when my ds was about a year old everyone telling me it's just a cold but just mother's instinct I guess, turned out he had tonsilitis.

He'll be causing havoc in no time :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now