Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DS teeth - at the end of my tether

(1 Post)
wonderstuff100 Fri 09-Sep-16 16:44:37

Has anyone had any experience of what to do if DC's teeth just keep suffering from decay, no matter what you do?

DS is 7, his dentist told me today that he has decay on one of his adult teeth which will mean a filling, with an injection. I'm devastated, I've looked after his teeth so well, am a real sweet nazi and literally don't know what to do.

He and I brush his teeth for 2 mins morning and night.
He doesn't drink soft drinks, just the tiniest bit of orange juice topped up with water for breakfast after which he brushes his teeth.
He doesn't eat sugary cereal.
He doesn't eat baked beans or any of those tinned things with hidden fruit.
He eats sweets sporadically, he'll have them as a treat, like a packet of Haribo every few weeks.
He doesn't like chocolate
He has fruit 1or 2 times a day, once as a snack at school. I try and give him veg 2-3 times a week for his school snack.

I'm so annoyed that I've followed all their advice and this has still happened. I'm in the process of trying to get a dentist who may be able to assess whether he has weak teeth and a possible solution that may help this. His current dentist just said they have to "see how things go" which isn't good enough when I don't know what to do. The only piece of advice she could give me was give him more veg than fruit as snacks. Which is fine. But what if that doesn't work?

Any advice welcome

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now